Poison Ivy, Oak, and Sumac
- Most common allergy in the country claiming half the population
- Sensitivity to urushiol (oil in the plant) can develop at any time
- Solutions or cures are those that annihilate urushiol
- Everyone appears to react slightly different to all the remedies.
- Covered by workers compensation in some states (CA, for example)
True or False
I’ve been in poison ivy many times and never broken out. I’m immune. False: Upwards of 90% of people are allergic to urushiol oil, it’s a matter of time and exposure. The more times you are exposed to urushiol, the more likely it is that you will break out with an allergic rash. For the first time sufferer, it generally takes longer for the rash to show up – generally in 7 to 10 days.