Petzl Cordex Gloves Review
What they say: These lightweight belay/rappel gloves combine the durability of a work glove with the precise fit and dexterity of a fine driving glove. Double-layered leather protects the palm and other high-wear areas. The back is made of abrasion resistant, breathable stretch nylon, ensuring comfort and fit.The low profile neoprene cuff with Velcro closure features a reinforced carabiner hole for attaching the gloves to your harness.
- Ergonomic cut for high dexterity without being too tight
- Made of high quality goat skin for the perfect balance between durability and dexterity
- Durable double layer of leather at high wear areas (fingertips, palm, between thumb and index finger)
- Back made of breathable stretch nylon for excellent fit and ventilation
- Low profile neoprene cuffs with Velcro closure
- Carabiner hole to attach gloves to harness
My review: I recently replaced my pair of rappelling gloves with the Petzl Cordex Gloves. They are a decent pair of gloves for rappelling. They aren’t quite as durable as I would like for slot canyons. The edges are getting badly worn after one sandstone slot canyon. Abrasion resistant does really apply to sandstone. The pair I have are a bit big as well so the fingertips get caught in the carabiners.
I really like the holes in the wrists to attach to my harness. It keeps me from worrying about losing them over a cliff.